keskiviikko 1. tammikuuta 2020

Trying to live my life by my dreams, not by limitations


Daddy man, little princess, fat bike and an bike trailer, that's a surefire recipe for endless adventures, time together laugh and lots of love. And that's basically what this blog is all about.

I'm not a pro cyclist not even a competitive one, just a daddy who likes to ride a bike with his daughter. After buying a fat bike my enthusiasm for biking grew even more. Almost as much as after buying the trailer for my princess.

My daughter loves rides on her red trailer. For her it’s always a new adventure when the red devil is taken out of garage.

For me every moment with my biggest treasure is cherishable second, best time in the world. So it isn't big surprise we both love our bike adventures, now with a new toy, fat bike.

"But why on earth I bought a fatbike, not just any bike"


My history with fat bikes goes way back. I found about them first time when reading book  ’Over the Edge’ where a guy at his 40's, creates a list of ultimate, life threatening adventures. One thing on that list, among triathlon, ultra running, whitewater rafting and rock climbing is Iditarod.

Iditarod is a race in Alaska. 1000 miles either running, skiing or cycling. For the cycling race, those guys racing created a monster, bike with two rims welded together, a fat bike.

I have never owned a fat bike even though the interest has been there for years. Finally this summer I decided to buy one, make one dream come true. I still remember riding my new toy home from the shop, love at first sight, or in this case, first ride.

"This new bike is also a symbol of my new life a life lived by my dreams not by limitations"


I have one big dream, being a stay at home dad again and make my living by writing. This dream I have had since getting back to work a year ago after spending the best 10 months of my life as a stay at home dad with my daughter.

That time led me back dreaming about cycling adventures. We had great time with my daughter, driving around with my old mountain bike and her trailer.  Spending time together we were happy, free and full of love and joy, full of life.

Eventually, life got in and at the moment I’m a divorced dad seeing my daughter every other week and working  a 9 to 5 job.

But now I have my fat bike and my big dream and I’m going after that dream with all my power. Finally in my life, at the age of 41 I’m strong enough to follow my dreams.

In this blog you can follow my pursuit of dreams and big adventures with my beloved little daughter. Welcome aboard!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti