perjantai 8. toukokuuta 2020

DaddyMan's walking challenge



The hardest part of my current life is spending every other weekend without my daughter. I find it really hard to get anything productive done during those weekends. But now I decided to challenge myself, finding ways to improve myself as a man a dad, and a human being.

The plan for this weekend is clear. I’m going to try my luck and test my conditioning with the TR/JFK 50 mile walking test.

The test was originally invented by Theodore Roosevelt to get his army officers in shape. JFK made the test popular among normal folks and now is my turn to see what I am made of.

In its original form, the test is simple. Walk 50 miles in three days with the walking time not exceeding 20 hours.

Because I only have the weekend to do this, I changed the test a little, forgive me, sir Roosevelt.

I live in the metric system, so I changed miles to kilometers and I also bent the time limits to fit my needs. Hopefully, I will not be haunted by presidential ghosts.

“ This will be a real adventure”


My test will begin on Saturday morning, at 8 AM and I’ll do my very best to finish by 4 PM on Sunday. So I basically have 32 hours to complete the test.

To not feel myself a cheater, I add a little bonus. During those 32 hours, I also need to cover 30 kilometers by bike.

During my walk, I will listen to Joe Dispenza’s audiobook ‘ Evolve Your Brain’ to improve myself also on my mental state.

I have no idea how what will happen during my challenge and that is part of the fun. This will be a real adventure and I believe that Sunday evening I will be a different person than that who started on Saturday morning.

All I know is that during the next two days I will walk, walk a lot.

7 kommenttia: